[Solved] Blink example fails to compile for Mega 2560

Compiled, uploaded, and executed fine on an Arduino Uno. Unplugged Uno and plugged in Arduino Mega 2560 using same cable, port, and Chromebook but I get a red error bar that states "Compilation failed, please report this issue on our forum."

Did you select Boards:Mega2560 after plugging in the Mega?

Yes, I made sure I selected the Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560 on port /dev/ttyACM0.

Verify works fine. But when I click upload, I get the red error bar and this text:

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/236584362 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/175180215/pinned -libraries /tmp/175180215/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -build-cache /tmp -verbose=false /tmp/175180215/Blink

Sketch uses 1462 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

Hi @pwelte

I've reproduced the issue locally, it's specific to the Mega 2560 and the Chrome app.

We'll let you know with a fix has been deployed. In the meantime non-Mega boards should be fine with the Chrome app. Thanks for helping with beta testing!

HI @pwelte,
the issue should be fixed, could you please try again?
Thanks

Yes, it worked now. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Thanks for your help!