Solution for the 5V vs 3.3V problem

Also take a look at our Arduino Playground - LeoShield which is another pin adaptor.

Dale
www.GorillaBuilderz.com

OsuDan:
Hey guys,

I've been looking into something like this for a while as well. One thing that caught my eye was this pin converter shield for the UNO/Leo to go between the old pinout and 1.0

Go Between Shield | Mayhew Labs

Something like this could be implemented with logic converters between the connection points. This could also leads in some other interesting directions as well:

• Being able to select/designate individual pins as 5v or 3.3v logic
  • Integrating dynamic pin assignment so the pinout could be adaptable to older shields configurations
  • And if you really wanted to get crazy, you could even wire the whole thing up to be driven by an integrated IC so you just add a library to your sketch and assign the pinout and voltage in software.
  • And since I've already gone way out in left field, to complete the prefect conversion shield, add either an IC to linearly scale the analog inputs or a separate 5v 12 or 16 bit ADC

EDIT: Just read the post about the GTL2000 and it got me thinking there has got to be a chip that could route pins and shift logic levels... Yup.

http://www.intersil.com/en/products/audiovideo/video-switching/unbuffered-crosspoint-switches/CD22M3494.html

Thoughts?

leoshield-perspective-320x320.jpg