Deek-Robot nano l298 shield

I downsized my motor controls to lose wieght on a hovercraft I'm playing with. I was using an uno with bluetooth shield and an l298n motor shield. The l298n shield I use with the uno has En1, En2, M1,M2,M3,M4. Simple. The nano shield Functions are:

pins per Ch. A pins per Ch. B

Direction D12, D13

PWM D3, D11

Brake D9, D8

Current Sensing A0, A1

Is there any prefab code out there for this. I'm a cut and paste builder. Is direction just high or low for D12, D13. En1=D3, En2=D11?

An L298 could be a poor choice.
One or two extra batteries are usually needed to compensate for the lossed of that ancient chip.
Why a H-bridge. Are your motors going to run forward and reverse?
Seems unlikely for a hovercraft.
You could be better off with just a single logic level mosfet.
Leo..

The hovercraft has no rudders and relies on two fans for steering so yes, i need two directions. I started this adventure years ago building my own l293s. I can compensate for the 2v drop. I usually run the shields on their own power source. The shields do multiple duties in tanks and 4wd also. As I am familiar with the code and use pwm I would like to stick with them. So after that defense, could someone answer my OP questions? I'm confused why it uses 6 pins for the uno uno shield but only 4 for the deek-robot nano shield. The info I gave is all the reference I can find. It's just copied verbatim from site to site.