(ASK) RFID on Arduino

Hi All,

Is there anybody knows about how to connect RFID with arduino? what kind of RFID can read until 5 meters and can works with my arduino?

Thanks before

MOst RFID reades have a standard serial output that can be connected to Arduino (optionally convert voltages from 12 - TTL level - be careful)

Check - SParkfun.com for examples

5 Meters is quite a distance imho.

5 meters is impossible with a standard RFID, I am not even sure you can do it with a UHF system and these are very expensive.
In fact I don't think you can do it with an active tag either, although this would give you the maximum range.

robtillaart:
MOst RFID reades have a standard serial output that can be connected to Arduino (optionally convert voltages from 12 - TTL level - be careful)

Check - SParkfun.com for examples

5 Meters is quite a distance imho.

thanks for your info

Grumpy_Mike:
5 meters is impossible with a standard RFID, I am not even sure you can do it with a UHF system and these are very expensive.
In fact I don't think you can do it with an active tag either, although this would give you the maximum range.

oh, so my project is impossible?

Well you haven't said what your project is it is hard to say. But if it requires a 5 meter range then sorry no.

To get an Arduino to "see" something 5m away, DCDWireless would be good...

http://DCDWireless.com

We're getting closer to releasing the units out into the wild. Not there yet, but getting closer.

Or, you could put something together using the same RF modules.

===
Forget for a moment HOW you are going to do "it"... Tell us WHAT do you want "it" to do?

mafa:
Is there anybody knows about how to connect RFID with arduino?

You can see here for one example: 125Khz RFID Module RDM630. I've never heard of 5m for RFID, though.

Grumpy_Mike:
Well you haven't said what your project is it is hard to say. But if it requires a 5 meter range then sorry no.

tkbyd:
To get an Arduino to "see" something 5m away, DCDWireless would be good...

http://DCDWireless.com

We're getting closer to releasing the units out into the wild. Not there yet, but getting closer.

Or, you could put something together using the same RF modules.

===
Forget for a moment HOW you are going to do "it"... Tell us WHAT do you want "it" to do?

maniacbug:

mafa:
Is there anybody knows about how to connect RFID with arduino?

You can see here for one example: 125Khz RFID Module RDM630. I've never heard of 5m for RFID, though.

ok. thanks for sharing Guys