Arduino IDE won't load

"Could not load keywords.txt, please re-install Processing."
Hi all, I'm running Linux Mint 17 and when I went to load the arduino IDE the above message came up, any ideas?
Obviously I've tried re installing processing, and arduino, but I'm not sure what folders they should be in to find each other, and I'm a bit lost.
Any help much appreciated.

Linux Min guide, hope it helps :wink: Arduino Playground - Mint

Thanks, the serial port business I can get to once I can open the software, but I haven't been able to do that yet.
Running "sudo apt-get install arduino" just tells me that it's already installed...

Update:
I downloaded a arduino.tgz file, extracted it and now I when I click on the arduino file in the extracted folder it loads the IDE.
Only problem is, instead of that Arduino file being a program with the appropriate logo, it's a shell script...

Hi, i have the same error on windows. I tried to use a broken boards.txt and then the ide broke. I renamed the sketchbook folder, so it doesnt search there for any broken file. But the error still appears.

IDE 1.5.6 and 1.5.7 are broken, 1.0.5 still works. I am using the zip file version. I also tried to install and uninstall the software. I deleted the temp folder and all arduino/processing folders in appdata i could find. Where is the temp file located that causes this error?

Edit: in Appdata i had to delete Arduino and Arduino 15