Opinions on intercepting 433MHz from Oregon Scientific WMR200 Weather Station

Thank you Mauried for your interest in this topic. That link certainly has some very impressive data processing. My weather site is deliberately simplified, and designed for a simple fisher like me to quickly asses the previous 12 hours of weather and make a decision whether to go out or not. However that does not make the actual decoding of the sensors any easier. So any assistance will be appreciated.

I bit the bullet and bought an Oregon WMR86 for about $220 (Aus) when I could not beat the price down on a WMR200 that was missing CD and Manuals and was a shop window display model. I tried to explain I did not need that stuff but they were only prepared to knock 10% off their price of $450 (Aus). Saying that I am an Arduino programmer and that I was the ideal person to unload this gear on did not have any cred' at all. :0 I did not need the USB+Touch screen features on the WMR200 anyway. The Solar power was the only extra that was really attractive.

I have already reverse engineered an Arduino based Bios weather system program, using the Manchester encoding (Opposite polarity to the Oregon Scientific). I was also able to design my transmitter to it and was much simpler than than the receiver! I am planning a similar extension to the Oregon project already, even though I have not written one line of code, to make up my own outside temperature sensor that my Arduino can detect (same as you I would guess), that also has the full Lithium/Solar rechargeable system built into it as well. The Oregon system on the WMR200 gave me the impression it just took over from the batteries in the day time and the batteries were drained at night time, so it only extended the battery life, and not truly recharged them. Am I correct there?

Thanks for responding, I may ask some help of you soon. I pick up the challenge this afternoon.

Rob