Connecting Wireless Xbox Controller to Arduino

Hi Everyone.
So this Christmas I want to work on a project where I want to control a small brushless motor with my wireless Xbox controller.
After all the research I have done, what I found was that I will be needing an Xbee, and Arduino of course. I have a previous moderate working experience with Arduino, I am still learning the topics related to Serial communication and also learning how to work with Processing.
Could some one give me a breakdown of how will I be making my wirless xbox controller talk to Arduino and Xbee, and how would I be calibrating it?
I need to know what more do I need to HAVE to : 1> make my Xbox controller talk to Xbee
2> Xbee talk to Arduino.
and I need to know HOW to : 1> make Xbox controller talk to Xbee.
I think making Xbee talk to Arduino might be straight forward.
It would be helpful if anyone could suggest which Xbee should I buy, and could give me a bit more detail on Xbees.
I OWN AN ARDUINO UNO Rev3.
Thank You
Harsh Chandola

I need to know what more do I need to HAVE to : 1> make my Xbox controller talk to Xbee

I don't know where you got the idea that the Xbox could talk to an XBee. The first two letters of each name may be the same, but there is where the similarities (and compatibility) end.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=360+controller+arduino