tonfa, police stick measuring hits and impact

2010 have been a lot of demonstration in germany and next to my already mentioned concept i had the idea that the sensor-stick could be part of a game for policemen in demonstrations. For every hit they get a point, they travel from demonstration to demonstration and can upload their rankings to the internet. there are then awards like " most hits in one battle", " overall winner" etc.

Is this intended as a joke or an art project? I doubt that such a game would withstand the media outrage it would create. Legal questions would arise as well.

So what is the real intention behind this project?

With regard to the technics. The hardness of the impact is determined by the force upon impact. This depends on

1. Mass of the weapon --> heavier weapon = more force
  2. Speed of the weapon --> faster weapon = more force
  3. Distance travelled "in the target" before target and weapon move at the same speed, harder target or target moving towards weapon --> more force

(1) is simplified though. Depending on if you stab or strike you have to consider different values for the "mass".

Furthermore the damage to the target does not depend on the force alone. It also depends on the sensitivity of the target in that areas.

Basically hitting a shield with the stick will measure very high force. But stabbing somebody will show much less accelaration/force but will cause much more harm.

I definitely wonder what and why you really want to measure and why.

Udo