PLX-DAQ version 2 - now with 64 bit support! (and further new features)

jasonn0413:
I just have one last problem.

Serial.println( (String) "DATA,gsr_average,TIME,TIMER,AUTOSCROLL_20" );

All of the above was able to be recorded in Excel like the time and timer except for the gsr_average value, instead it records the literal word "gsr_average" instead of the value. Am I doing something wrong here?

Hi Jason,
thanks for digging into the documentation and congratz on making it (nearly :slight_smile: ) work.
The issue is you literally put your variable name in the string. Try changing it to:

Serial.println( (String) "DATA," + gsr_average + ",TIME,TIMER,AUTOSCROLL_20" );

@cryotan:
thank you very much for your feedback.
And well, no, that issue has never been brought up yet :slight_smile: So let's see:

• first of all the amount of memory consumed depends on your Arduino. I am developing on an Arduino Uno (which is already pretty weak) but honestly I have never paid much attention to those warnings.... is 2048 the max for all kind of Arduinos? The Mega2560 for example seems to have 4 times the SRAM.
  • Excluding the command will most likely free up the space that would normally be allocated for the large strings. However if one wants to label the command boxes I guess there is no other way then to hardcode the names :-/ or one could put the information to Excel and query + rewrite it (would be only commands stored in Arduino).
  • I guess the boxes will be rarely used and hopefully people will reduce code only to what is needed :slight_smile: otherwise Arduino might be able to page swap - or does it not compile if > 100% are used?

Greetings to both of you.