Sending Midi Commands to Synthesizer

Grumpy_Mike, thank you for looking at this, I have tried adjusting the code to have it transmit on channel 10 with no change. I have also tried toggling the Local between on and off with no change. I might have to look into the Host Shield after all, I guess I had hoped that the simplicity of the setup made sense enough to work.

Jonah_Ha, thank you for your thought, I do have a female 5 DIN connector wired to my board, I have quadruple-checked the wiring to be sure I have the correct pins lined up with the Arduino. I already checked the manual to see if there were any specific commands or steps I need to take and it did not indicate anything. I'll do some more research on other midi commands that may work.

Part of me is wondering if maybe it is faulty wiring? Maybe I should try having the TX1 pin tested, or maybe rewiring a new 5 DIN connector, or maybe replacing the midi cable I have?

Thank you for taking the time to take a look at this post, I hope to have an update with progress in the near future.