Your Arduino Box!

So - lets see your box. Not your workbench or storage racks though (there's a different thread for that).
Your box full of stuff that you are going to use or you bought cos you thought you needed/wanted it but haven't got around to using yet.
(Not stuff you are using)

Here's mine spread out a bit to give you an idea :slight_smile:

That is why if you see me say I want one - please try and stop me buying it! XD

Mowcius

Here's an idea for the led matrix shield(s?):

I'm actually pretty good with buying only stuff I will use. Most expensive thing I haven't used much would be a bunch of xbee stuff: 2 modules, usb explorer, shield. Just haven't really gotten around to using it.

Nor are my unused things sitting neatly in a box. My desk is horribly cluttered.

Haha
I actually have a plan for that LED matrix shield (the dual one)

Nor are my unused things sitting neatly in a box. My desk is horribly cluttered.

So is mine

I suppose I lied slightly, the stack with the LCD on top is a project, I have been coding bits every so often for it and it's normally sat on my desk playing music.

Wow, I just noticed that the video actually appears within the post! That's nifty.
Teehee

I don't have a box. I've got a shelving unit that holds stuff I'm not using right now:

My coffee table has far more stuff on it than I'm actually using. The nearer it is to the end I sit at the more recently it's been played with

This is the far end of the table, stuff I want to get working but haven't quite figured out yet. There's a secure card and a couple of bluetooth GPS units:

Here is my Arduino box, laid out in my usual workspace (soldering is done outside)
A water rocket flight computer is in work (the cut up 2 litre bottle with cardboard insert is part of that)

The Arduino stuff fits nicely into one box. The water rocket stuff does not (it is strewn all over the garage)

I like the box label theepdinker!

Yes, I need a prominent label, or the box would soon be co-opted for legos, model horses, or whatever, regardless of what might be in the box

OK, here's my spread

As I live in a motorhome it has to be small and easily packed away. So my "lab in a box" holds just about everything (except CRO and hot air solder station), it's a BBQ tool set box.

Since this was taken I've added a USB hub so the Arduino, logic analiser, JTAGICE (not shown) and STK500 can all be used without dicking around with cables.

Rob

mowcius:
So - lets see your box. Not your workbench or storage racks though (there's a different thread for that).
Your box full of stuff that you are going to use or you bought cos you thought you needed/wanted it but haven't got around to using yet.
(Not stuff you are using)

I think I'd need to post a panoramic shot just to show everything - in my shop.

That doesn't count the crap in my office and closet, plus the stuff in my garage (got a robot lawnmower and another powerwheels ride-on out there).

/someone shoot me before I buy again!

=(

Graynomad:
OK, here's my spread

Are you sure that's not just a bomb? currently I have two boxes (actually the smaller box is stacked into the larger box heh)

it's a huge mess of stuff, pic incomming in a few

.... wow... I typed up a message describing the contents of my box, with the picture, the picture was too big and it ate my post with it...

Too lazy to type up another post, or resize the picture, suffice to say, I has a box, it has stuffz in it

Graynomad:
OK, here's my spread

As I live in a motorhome it has to be small and easily packed away. So my "lab in a box" holds just about everything (except CRO and hot air solder station), it's a BBQ tool set box.

Since this was taken I've added a USB hub so the Arduino, logic analiser, JTAGICE (not shown) and STK500 can all be used without dicking around with cables.

Rob

I've seen your box before - very nice I must say.

Too lazy to type up another post, or resize the picture, suffice to say, I has a box, it has stuffz in it

Wanna see, wanna see! :smiley:

Imgur

Here's my box, unlike your boxes, I use the stuff in here, haven't gotten around to using all of it, but yesterday I did get the piezo speakers working, had to solder some jumpers to the legs because they are dumb and won't go in a breadboard, only one of the jumpers suffered serious burns!

Here's my box, unlike your boxes, I use the stuff in here

Oh I use it - just not currently using it.

I have other boxes for stuff on the go too but mainly that stuff just goes everywhere.

mowcius:

Great pick up line.

On topic, I use stacker draws, can find everything when I need it :slight_smile:

thegeekway:

mowcius:

Great pick up line.

On topic, I use stacker draws, can find everything when I need it :slight_smile:

Are you trying to say you don't have to remove all the large bags then dig around for a while to find each individual component you need?

Indeed, I got fed up of digging around years ago. 8)

thegeekway:

Hum... might have to check into this... not digging around solution

Valalvax:

thegeekway:

Zero gravity

Valalvax:

thegeekway:

It's over rated! I've got some stacker shelves and I don't use them. I do have some segregated plastic carry case boxes that I use for certain bits though.