1-Bit and 24-Bit Integer Variables, Please

[Pert, I am not expecting your to be a courteous, but it's bad form to write that someone stated something--when they did not.]

Oddly, I am not a big fan of C++ because I feel that burns memory too fast and easily for micro-controller work.

While 1-bit auto-bitpacked variables more complicated than the const's, it wouldn't be rocket science. If you could see why I would want them, then they aren't so crazy after all.

[For a data transmission project, I already have a single-bit flag function that takes an array of bytes that will use global named constants as bit-pointers. For now I am just using enums, but they are costly, being ints. I will be adding another function and another byte array and another bitmap for another series of flags. Though, it occurs to me, that this would be useful if it were implemented in the language, in a generic sense. For my purposes, I can write something a little more generic, though, users don't need to see the mechanisms, and they may want to declare these positions locally.]

It would seem that single-bit variables would carry with them a complex pointer, a pointer that points to a byte and a bit.