Problem in interfaciing Sainsmart 3.2" tft Touhscreenwith Arduino mega 2560

Hi all,

I am attached the front and back image of Arduino mega 2560 board, sainsmart 3.2" TFT Touchscreen and the display shield for your reference.

During Power On, Instead of white screen, the BLACK Patch like display seen on the Display.
I had attached the same for your reference.

Then i had downloaded the sample file UTOUCH_Button_Test.ino. into the arduino mega. but still the
black patch display only seen in the display.

Inside the UTOuch_Button_Test.ino file, there is a selection for arduino mega:

// Uncomment the next two lines for the Arduino Mega
UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S, 38,39,40,41); // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!
UTouch myTouch(6,5,4,3,2);

Please let us know if anything to be changed in the above model parameter for this display which i had attached. Kindly reply.

how to solve the black patch which is display during the Power ON?

Regards,
V.Prakash

Your screen is broken. How do you expect it to work?
Sometimes a cracked glass will still show pictures but the Touch can NEVER work with a broken glass.

Yes, you have used the correct constructor.

#define ITDB32S			2	// SSD1289  (16bit)

Life would be much simpler if people used the controller model name e.g. SSD1289

Note that when you buy a replacement, it will probably be a TFT_320QVT_9341 i.e. model is ILI9341_16

David.

Hi,

Where i can see this datas? Please share the document. Model parameter details: ITDB32S
to suit my display module. how to identify?

Yes,  you have used the correct constructor.
Code: [Select]

I used this:

// Uncomment the next two lines for the Arduino Mega
UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S, 38,39,40,41); // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!
UTouch myTouch(6,5,4,3,2);

But not used:

what for this above line??

UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S, 38,39,40,41); what is this 38,39,40,41 here?? Pin numbers?? but display has only 40 pins. then how. 41 is mentioned here?

kindly reply. I am new to this.

Regards,
V. Prakash

The defines are from UTFT.h
Mr Karlsen supports certain manufacturers like ColdTears and Itead. Hence the gobbledygook model names.
ITDB325 refers to an Itead product.

There are PDF manuals that come with UTFT. This explains the constructor arguments. The numbers refer to Arduino "digital pin numbers" printed on your Mega2560.

Meanwhile, you don't need to be Einstein. A cracked glass screen is obvious to anyone.

David.

Hi,

Ok. Can you please suggest any equivalent to this sainsmart 3.2 inch tft touchscreen.?? The touchscreen glass is broken. If I order this same sainsmart tft screen, the delivery lead time is huge. So can you suggest equivalent to this touchscreen to purchase with library support??

Regards,
V.Prakash

Hi,

Will this 3.2 inch TFT display from amazon.in is same display as from Direct sainsmart:

Here is the amazon link TFT display link:

https://www.amazon.in/SLB-Works-SainSmart-SSD1289-Raspberry/dp/B077JRJ3QR/ref=sr_1_204?adgrpid=58572717723&hvadid=294131196146&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007810&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1o1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=18172821764066996200&hvtargid=kwd-297683379578&keywords=sainsmart&qid=1555474830&s=gateway&sr=8-204#detail_bullets_id

Here is the direct sainsmart tft display link:

will this amazon link tft display is same as sainsmart tft display?
will this amazon link tft display works with arduino?
Please let us know for Purchasing?

Regards,
V. Prakash