EzScrn - With Charts - simple PC / smartphone interface for your Arduino program

The reason I have disabled the Bridge capability is that I wanted to explore whether identical code can run on a Yun and on a PC. The first thing the code does is get a list of the serial ports so the user can select the appropriate one. The Python code is entirely unchanged for the Yun apart from telling it that it is using a Yun so it can use the correct 32u4 reset process.

There is also a small philosophical issue here which I may develop in another Thread in the Yun section. In the EzScrn project the Linux side is dominant. It's relationship with the 32u4 is the same as (say) the relationship between a laptop and an Uno or Leonardo. This allows all the heavy lifting to happen on the Python/Linux side and requires no more on the Arduino (32u4) side than you would need on an Uno that was "slave" to a PC.

As far as I can see the out-of-the-box concept for the Yun is that the Arduino is dominant which seems to require considerably more programming on the Arduino side. It also means that a Yun and an Uno program (for the same functionality) are not as easily interchangeable as (say) between an Uno and a Leonardo.

And, of course, the other advantage of using Python and the Linux side this way is that I can completely develop the project in comfort on my laptop and Uno and just port it to the Yun for final testing.

...R