Custom GUI for ATMega32u4 (or similar)

Hi, I am trying to create a device that has a hub which connects to a computer via native USB and I2C modules that contain key switches. I want to create an application which can be used to assign I2C addresses to new modules, set key combinations for each key switch in a module, remember modules, etc. The GUI would communicate using serial and then the hub could save data to it's eeprom or tell the modules over I2C to save data to it's eeprom. I was what I should use to create such an application; I've heard Qt could do this but I don't have any experience with it. Any ideas?

Are you looking for just a GUI toolset? Or help with everything?

-jim lee

jimLee:
Are you looking for just a GUI toolset? Or help with everything?

-jim lee

I've used C++ enough that once I sit down to start programming, I can do it easily and I have some minor experience with other languages such as HTML, Java, Batch, etc. But not Python... Essentially I'm looking for either some sort of IDE or other method to make an application to run on a Windows machine and communicate over a USB while having a user interface to set parameters, functions, and other settings. Once the device is setup, it should be able to run on it's own with a USB HID library until I want to change a setting with the application again. If I run into problems while programming, I'm sure there are references online and other resources that I could find in order to finish. I plan on using an ATMega 32u4 or 16u2 for the hub device and the key modules are using an ATTiny 841 with the optiboot bootloader from http://drazzy.com/e/tiny841.shtml.

Ok, so this is a PC thing. Not so much an Arduino thing.

-jim lee

why not post it in the right place?

Interfacing w/ Software on the Computer

Why not? Probably because he didn't know. Its not like everyone arrives with a full knowledge set.

-jim lee