Job Offering

Full Time, contract to start. Benefits, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).

Military electronics training a BIG bonus (any USAF people out there?). No degree necessary, but some experience, creativity and passion for the job are absolutely necessary. A maker mentality and an ability to think outside the box would be considered a plus.

Position:

We have a single position open for someone with AVR programming experience, programming in C and C++ and an electronics background.

We build in-house controllers for use in our testing facility and at our manufacturing sites for product development, testing and validation. Interfacing with temperature and pressure sensors, motors and test/machine automation is a big plus.

Our electronics lab is pretty decent! We have SMD re-flow oven, SMD rework station and associated tools for SMD rework. 3D printer for controller housings and fabrications. Dedicated workstation for design with Sketchup. Design and 3D printer experience a plus.

Position is entry to mid level, starting around $25 an hour, 40 hour work week. There will be room for advancement. annual pay increases and bonus.

Work environment is a tech center for a large, international corporation, with a clean environment. You'll be helping to expand a small team. Hours are 7-4, with an hour for lunch, M-F. Campus has a cafeteria that is pretty decent and very affordable. We do get some direction for WHAT needs to be built, then we are left to get it done. I never feel micro-managed, but there are milestones and deadlines that have to be met.

If you are in the Metro-Detroit area and are interested in a career where it feels more like we play with electronic toys than working, this just may be the job you're looking for!

I know this may be an unusual place to post a job offering, but we are looking for some specific skills and many of you possess what we are looking for.

What I would like to see from you:

A resume
Some examples of your projects
A statement why this position is perfect for you

You will need to pass a background check and a drug screen.

I'm excited to hear from you! PM me your contact information and I'll provide further instruction on where to send your resume.

drug screen

Nope. Don't work for nobody who thinks they have any control over my life outside of work.

If you think I'm on drugs to the point that I can't do the job then you should be able to tell during the interview. Or at least by me doing a poor job. If it doesn't affect my job then it isn't any of your business.

Delta_G:
Nope. Don't work for nobody who thinks they have any control over my life outside of work.

If you think I'm on drugs to the point that I can't do the job then you should be able to tell during the interview. Or at least by me doing a poor job. If it doesn't affect my job then it isn't any of your business.

Don't know how anyone could work in Detroit (especially during the winter) without being on drugs.

You think working in Detroit is bad? Try just living in Palo Alto. :smiling_imp:

Hey! I was born there!

-jim lee

jimLee:
Hey! I was born there!

-jim lee

Cool. I lived in Detroit from 1961 through 1967, then I moved out West, never to return.

No, born in Palo Alto. Grew up in that area.

-jim lee

jimLee:
No, born in Palo Alto. Grew up in that area.

-jim lee

Now I'm jelly. I spent high school in SoCa though. Tustin High. I, uh, wished they all could have been California girls.

I would like to apply for this job, although do not have experience for all requirements mentioned. Currently, I live outside of USA, but I am planning to return next month. It would be great if the position will be still available. I have more than 10 years as nurse assistant experience with all certifications and paper in order. Please see the link below with all details of what a certified nurse assistant means: vocationaltraininghq.com. Let me know if I am a good fit!

SSabrina02:
I would like to apply for this job, although do not have experience for all requirements mentioned. Currently, I live outside of USA, but I am planning to return next month. It would be great if the position will be still available.

The post is already over a year old, so it seems unlikely, doesn't it?