menubackend library submenus

olikraus:

Time to read up on m2tklib at Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

After all the threads, i see that a menu lib is difficult to handle (also i think it has a simple concept). I did my best to add tutorial pages to the wiki, but i also see that there is still a lot of discussion required. I am not sure how to improve this. Let me know if something is missing... and do not hestitate to ask directly...

Oliver

Hi, I've only tried menubackend and menu that came with the IDE I don't like the submenus on menu, menubackend I got a working menu with submenus but most of the functions don't work. What I'm after is a char LCD scrolling top to bottom menu with submenus (like your PWM pin example) But I couldn't use .....getBefore().getName() etc they don't compile so I had no way to work out what to display as the before and after items. I'm hoping your structure does what it says, it's much better documented example wise despite what you said above. There is only one example for menubackend, most of it's feature are not used or exampled.

Many thanks for the offer of assistance, It's great you release the library in the first place! I'll try myself and post if I need to :smiley: