simultaneous localization and mapping

Hiiii......Please I need help
How I can apply SLAM algorithm in arduino robot ?? With ultrasound sensors
Please any one do this algorithm with arduino mega??

What have you tried so far?
Can you post that code and explain where you got lost ...

israit:
How I can apply SLAM algorithm in arduino robot ?? With ultrasound sensors
Please any one do this algorithm with arduino mega??

SLAM is not a single algorithm - it is a process that includes several different steps - how those steps are implemented can take many different forms, ultimately resolving (hopefully) into a solution to the SLAM problem.

Examples (open source - there are ton of other solutions out there that are proprietary):

https://openslam.org/

The greatest issue with most SLAM solutions is that they require a TON of memory (and in many cases, a fast "processor" - in quotes because you'll probably want some sort of highly parallel processing system to quickly do the vector math). Implementations can be "small" though - at least the code. This particular implementation (which was designed to use an expensive 2D laser range finder, btw):

https://openslam.org/tinyslam.html

...requires only 200 lines of code - but again, probably a ton of memory is needed (maybe if you can hack in extra RAM onto the 2560 Mega - it might be feasible), and it likely needs more than a bit of help for the vector calcs; on a regular CPU, this is probably not a big deal - the compiler can probably optimize things to allow for using multiple cores and such. Different thing on a Mega, though...

Ultimately, you need to come to grips with what SLAM really is, and how - at a high level - the various parts work (the sense/move loop, the mapping, route planning, issues with sensor and positional "noise", etc). You will need to be very familiar with probability/stats as well as linear algebra (vector and matrix math). If you aren't at least somewhat familiar with those, you are going to find yourself in strange waters.

Finally - I would suggest to you to take this free online course (takes about 6-8 weeks; possibly less depending on how you approach it):

(note - they've recently did some updates - there is a "free courseware" version that is at your own pace)

Programming is done using Python (so you need some familiarity with that language); when I took the course back in 2012, I found it explained a number of concepts in a manner that caused "aha!" moments; seriously - this course covers everything needed for a base introduction to SLAM:

1. Localization (Markov and Monte-Carlo)
  2. Probability
  3. Bayes Rule
  4. Histogram filters
  5. Kalman filters
  6. Particle filters
  7. Motion planning (including breadth-first, A* and dynamic programming)
  8. Path "smoothing" (non-90 degree paths)
  9. PID algorithm (detailing all parts, and how to optimize p, i, and d)
  10. Finally - pulling it all together (Graph SLAM)

Again - I took this course; I found it very difficult (mainly due to my less-than-stellar understanding of probabilities), but very rewarding, also. I learned a ton from this course - I got the above list by reviewing my notes from that time; it was really a complex and in-depth course. I encourage you (and anyone else with an interest in learning about SLAM) to participate in it.

Thanks very much for you....
I am beginner in arduino field and robotics. ?......
I attended to apply my project which have this title. ....(design and implementation of WSN for intelligent space robot)
so I used arduino robot arduino.cc/en/main/robot#.Uw-pzeGm3bU
And I must used node (using uno microcontroller) that connect with the robot wirelessly using xbee module and xbee sheild (zigbee protocol) that allows to exchange the information and command to do some service ( for example switch on off lighting device or sensing temperature)....for do this task I send commands from my PC wirelessly using wifi connection to robot then the robot moving from it space anywhere indoor towards the node and it send command to the node to switch on or off lighting device for example
The robot must build the map and path to reach the node (goal)....This fist proplem
How I can connect the xbee and xbee sheild with arduino robot? ?....this second proplem
How I con connect wifi shield with arduino robot and how apply network between the pc and the robot....third proplem
I dont know if I discovere another problemes through my project. ?.......

Please can anyone guide me how I connect the arduino robot with xbee shield? ..??

israit:
Please can anyone guide me how I connect the arduino robot with xbee shield? ..??

israit:

Lots of reading material.

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=xbee&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.arduino.cc%2Findex&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

Thans v much but please I can't found Rx& Tx pins in control board of the robot
I check the board datasheet and schematic and I discovered most pins and it's arrangements only rx and tx in board particularly ...its important for xbee connection

The Rx & Tx pins is used for serial communication between the boards (control &motor boards) for that can I used TK3 & TK4 (represent D4 & D12 respectively) to connect the xbee sheild with arduino robot? ..