Go Down

Topic: Using the cloud for data recording? (Read 3068 times) previous topic - next topic

EasyGoing1

Hello,

I just started using Create, and I really like it. I was thinking, since the service is based on Amazon cloud services, it would be awesome to have some way of associating our sketches with a database (our own, or arduino.cc hosted) so that we could record data and keep it stored in the cloud.

For example: I want to study a lithium ion battery charger using a TP4056 based charger, taking periodic readings of the voltage applied to a battery and the charge current, then record that data in a table for later analysis once a charge cycle has completed. Then repeat this data logging for different C rated batteries just to get a better understanding of how this chip charges LiIon batteries.

Does anyone think a feature like this will be implemented in the Create service in the near future?

Thank you,

Mike Sims

mastrolinux

Jan 09, 2017, 10:29 am Last Edit: Jan 09, 2017, 10:29 am by mastrolinux
Hi,

You can already do something like it https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/carmelito/plant-monitoring-system-using-aws-iot-6cb054?ref=search&ref_id=aws&offset=2 it is a bit complex and we are continously trying to improve the workflow but given our partnership with AWS we are really looking on having AWS IoT fully integrated as publish/subscribe system, then the users will be free to store data wherever they want.

EasyGoing1

...but given our partnership with AWS we are really looking on having AWS IoT fully integrated as publish/subscribe system, then the users will be free to store data wherever they want.
Thank you, MastroLinux ... That is great news. I'll check out the link you provided and see if I can make sense of it. Having the ability to log data in the cloud will be very powerful and extremely useful.

Mike

Go Up