Go Down

Topic: Does Arduino Cloud work with Arduino Uno + Arduino Yun Shield? (Read 6066 times) previous topic - next topic

Isaac100

I wanted to test out my Arduino Yun Shield with the Arduino Cloud.  I made a new "thing" and "property" in the cloud dashboard and all the sketch would do was print "Oh yeah" (Not the problem).  I noticed the code was using serial and since I was using a Yun Shield with an Uno I changed every "Serial" to "Console".  But when I uploaded it it gave me this:

Unable to connect: retrying (1)...
Unable to connect: retrying (2)...
Unable to connect: retrying (3)...
Unable to connect: retrying (4)...
Unable to connect: is the sketch using the bridge?

I looked this up and a lot of people were saying to program it over USB and not WiFi, but I cannot do that since I am using an Arduino Uno.  So does Arduino Cloud work with Arduino Uno + Arduino Yun Shield?

RoarHar

try using console function. change the serial function into console

Isaac100

try using console function. change the serial function into console
That's what I did originally, and I got what is said in my first post.

ballscrewbob

Seen that issue mentioned in the YUN specific section.

Maybe take a wander over there and look up what they say.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Isaac100

I finally figured out what the problem was.  You see, when I replaced all the Serial's with Console's, the setup code was somewhat like this:
Code: [Select]

Console.begin();
Bridge.begin();

But the thing is, Console requires bridge, so it couldn't start before bridge did.  I just removed the console because I didn't need it and now everything works fine.

Go Up