LEDs without the use of current limiting resistors

Grumpy_Mike:

I never said it was ok to pulse 100ma to anything,

So have you measured what you supposed good LEDs are actually taking?
There are two things getting damaged the LEDs and the electronics driving them.

I dont know how much current the LEDs Im using are running at,

So how do you know you are not damaging things?

I have read that you can safely double the safe limit when using a duty cycle less than 50%,

Safely doubling safe limits is an oxymoron. You can read all sorts of rubbish on the internet, it doesn't make it true.

I can only tell you what will work 100% of the time for 100% of the people. I know this because I have spent my whole lave you measured what you supposed good LEDs are actually taking?
There are two things gife designing reliable electronics. Any idiot can design unreliable electronics that works for maybe two or three years. Or that works and significantly shortens the life of parts.

You can of course choose to ignore this, I can not stop you from being a total idiot. What I can do is point out that you are an idiot and point out why you are an idiot and why you are suffering from self delusions. Hopefully I can stop sensible people from following your idiotic total lack of logic.

1. You do not have enough equipment or expertise to know if you are damaging a component.
  2. You appear not to know about peak current and power dissipation and how that relates to average current and average power dissipation.
  3. You think that any activity that doesn't immediately kill you is a safe activity.

I havnt measured the current, but Im fairly confident that the arduino is delivering 5v, and I know that 5V is higher than the forward voltage, and technically should be doing damage. It should also be noted that LEDs wear, even when using them at the recommended specifications, they will eventually fail. so your statement about 100% of the people 100% of the time is 100% false.

1. false.
  2. false.
  3. false.

What is true, is that you want to call me an idiot, and make a lot of false statements to support your claims that im an idiot. Shame on you mike, you should not behave that way.

I hope you get over your cold or whatever.