UNO + Olimex Midi Shield (Resolved)

thanks for the quick reply,

I can do an LED test in the loop and they come on, which is encouraging.

/* LED Tests
  digitalWrite(ledPinGrn, HIGH);   // sets the LED on
  delay(1000);                  // waits for a second
  digitalWrite(ledPinGrn, LOW);    // sets the LED off
  delay(1000);                  // waits for a second
  */

Also, if I didn't mention it, there's a jumper on the Olimex board that allows you to upload without having to remove the whole shield.

At this point I'm just trying to test 2 things: if the shield can send and receive MIDI. So when the device is ON, (powered by a 9v battery, not the usb, just to be clear), the loop here should send (TX) a noteOn and Off. (Granted, I need to add a delay for testing purposes, as you mentioned).

MIDI.sendNoteOn(60,127,10);

delay(1000);

MIDI.sendNoteOff(60,127,10);

I'm not getting anything in MIDIOX. The MIDI OUT of the Olimex shield is connected to my laptop via a USB/MIDI converter (Roland UM1). So, as I understand it (which could be wrong), the code should send the initial noteOn, jump to the HandleNoteOn, light up the LED, then send noteOff. ? I'll try adding a delay after noteOff to see if it helps.

Does OMNI work? How would I tell? Its supposed to listen on all channels, so are you saying I should try to listen to a single channel? I can try that as well.

MIDIOX has a MIDI In/Out monitor and that's how I'm monitoring the MIDI in/out. I'm sending MIDI by using the keyboard functionality of MIDIOX. It shows the midi messages going outbound, but my board doesn't respond. I've used MIDIOX in the past to send MIDI this way and haven't had any issues.

Again, thanks for the help.