Internet controlled via (cloud) 2 RC cars in different locations racing parallel

Dear all,

I am thinking of a concept where in I will make 2 RC racing cars (I am thinking of using Raspberry for Control) & Arduino Uno for transmitting orders of raspberry pi 3 to the motors with camera,

The 2 cars are raced together simultaneously in different locations, I have to include AR & VR experiences so that it is experienced as both are racing together (even though they are in different locations)

Another option I want to try is If we make the virtual cars in the digital twin run maybe 10 – 20 seconds ahead of the real cars, and if the (virtual) cars crash, then we can stop the real cars before the crash really happens. This is not so different from a robotic collaboration scenario, with the only difference that human behavior is a bit more difficult to pre-calculate in a digital twin.

My questions are :

i) which type of motors & contorller will be ideal for this ?

ii) Is combining Raspberry & Arduino uno ok for this requirement?

iii) Which programming will be ideal for this requirement?

iv) Which will be the best solution for the Virtual reality experience as explained above?

This is for a demo I want to do, learn & experiment with IOT solutions

Can anyone give me your expertise suggestions / solutions :slight_smile:

Regards

Manojakob

Easy to test. Just use the Arduinos to simulate cars. You don't actually need a physical motor, etc. Use flashing LEDs to indicate what your car would be doing. When all the bugs are out of your system, then think about actual motors and cars, etc.

Paul

Thank you Paul,

That was a good suggestion to go ahead with simulation rather than direct motor & controller...

My other doubt is for Virtual reality Twins, is there any already existing solutions or programs...

can you suggest what the programming structure to be like ???

Regards

Manojakob

Manojakob:
Thank you Paul,

That was a good suggestion to go ahead with simulation rather than direct motor & controller...

My other doubt is for Virtual reality Twins, is there any already existing solutions or programs...

can you suggest what the programming structure to be like ???

Regards

Manojakob

I was giving you a proven approach to problem solving and system design. I have no clue what you are writing about Virtual reality. So I suspect you are working your design backwards from solution to research.

Paul