[Solved] Arduino Fuse

Can anyone tell me where can i get this kind of fuses? Also the value and the name of it.
I believe it's called polyfuse (as it says in the picture)

According to the schematic, it is a 500mA fuse:

Just replace with any other 500mA fuse, or search Ebay for a 500 mA polyfuse.

Edit: I thought you were talking about an UNO, but you are not. Anyway, a 500mA should be enough . (Normally a 250mA fuse will do the job also)

1 Like

JohnBoog:
According to the schematic, it is a 500mA fuse:

http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/Arduino_Uno_Rev3-schematic.pdf

Just replace with any other 500mA fuse, or search Ebay for a 500 mA polyfuse.

Edit: I thought you were talking about an UNO, but you are not. Anyway, a 500mA should be enough . (Normally a 250mA fuse will do the job also)

Oh it's just because i wanted to also use a fuse on USB to serial so i don't burn out my computer. Would be just fine with 500mA do you believe so? or maybe 250mA would be better?

Thanks for your time

tsunamy_boy:
Oh it's just because i wanted to also use a fuse on USB to serial so i don't burn out my computer. Would be just fine with 500mA do you believe so? or maybe 250mA would be better?

Your USB ports on your computer should already have their own polyfuses, so there is nothing to worry about.

(Polyfuses will reset themselve after a while, although I have never ever encountered someone who 'blew' up an USB port from his laptop or computer by short-circuiting it. )

However, they do get mechanically worn out (bad contacts) , and it is also worlds only connector that only fits in one of two ways, but you still have to try to fit it in 3 ways before you will finally be able to insert it in his socket. :fearful:

The point about a poly fuse is that it resets itself so it does need replcing.
In fact they are very slow to blow when the current is just over the trip point and they are more of a protection against shorts. I don't think you will find a 250 mA one but if you do it would be too close to a normal load and might blow after an hour or so.

Sorry John a poly fuse is not something that goes in a socket, it is soldered in.

1 Like

Grumpy_Mike:
Sorry John a poly fuse is not something that goes in a socket, it is soldered in.

Yeah I know....

I was talking about the USB connector.

Parts like this

Or this:

(Should be available in the US also, I think)

Thank you guys. Understood :slight_smile:
have a nice day you all