ESP8266

I want to use ESP8266 like bluetooth.In this way i want to provide data exchange between arduino and android phone .I dont found sample program.Can i help me :slight_smile: thanks a lot.

I am using ESP8266 module.Any one know how set the module with a static IP ?. Is it possible or not?
Looking for replay....

Does ESP8266 module able to set with static IP while connecting to network?

Have a look at this thread with an code example at the end:
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3522

Please use voltage divider because esp8266 use 3.3V and you transmite from arduino 5V.
If you use adator in one line with the bulb, when the bulb on, the adaptor voltage rise more then 5V.
It can burn your esp8266.
It happend to me when I try using remote switch that use adaptor the same line with the bulb. The capasitor exploded.
So use separate line between adaptor and bulb, and use voltage divider.

I think I killed my ESP12.

I have been messing with it for a few weeks and have added servos, a DHT11 and an OLED. All was going well. I wanted to update a web page with the temperature and humidity so went looking through the examples for one that sounded like it would update without reloading the whole page.

I opened WebUpdater.ino, that sounded hopeful and I stuck it on the ESP. I got two buttons so I clicked them and one popped up a load file box which I duly selected any old file from.

One dead ESP later. Seems a bit daft to me to include examples with no warning or indication of what they do. Of course it's easy with hindsight to go and Google the thing and see what it is but this isn't normally something one would do when browsing examples provided for using and learning.

Anyhow, the problem is there, is there a solution other than replacing the ESP?

Hey guys,
I'm getting an error on this code for esp8266.

Here is the code

#include "ESP8266WiFi.h"
// WiFi parameters
const char* ssid = "hari1234";
const char* password = "hari1234";
void setup(void)
{ 
// Start Serial
Serial.begin(115200);
// Connect to WiFi
WiFi.begin(ssid, password);
while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
delay(500);
Serial.print(".");
}
Serial.println("");
Serial.println("WiFi connected");
// Print the IP address
Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());
}
void loop() {
}

I'm supposed to get "Wifi Connected" and "IP address" but i'm getting some garbage data.Here is the screenshot of my serial monitor.Please Help.

Arduino uno esp8266 connect with blynk app

is there a low-cost BLE or Bluetooth SoC alternative to the ESP8266? I'm making a commercial device and I want to reduce form factor. My device is battery operated and I'd like to run it off CR2032 coin cell(s) for 4-5 years. Right now, my esp8266 device uses 3xAA batteries or one CR123a. Thanks!!

mahesh2000:
is there a low-cost BLE or Bluetooth SoC alternative to the ESP8266? I'm making a commercial device and I want to reduce form factor. My device is battery operated and I'd like to run it off CR2032 coin cell(s) for 4-5 years. Right now, my esp8266 device uses 3xAA batteries or one CR123a. Thanks!!

ESP8266 is wifi.

Bluetooth is Bluetooth.

Do you understand the difference between the two?

mahesh2000:
is there a low-cost BLE or Bluetooth SoC alternative to the ESP8266?

The ESP32 will support Bluetooth IIRC.

Whandall:
The ESP32 will support Bluetooth IIRC.

Hopefully it will "reduce form factor".

Hi,

I just made an Arduino library for ESP8266:

• RemoteDebug, an Arduino library to remote debug over telnet connection.

Use Print commands like Serial and see it with telnet client.
First debug for Arduino with debug levels that I saw.

Please access: GitHub - JoaoLopesF/RemoteDebug: Library for Arduino to debug projects over WiFi, with web app or telnet, with print commands like Serial Monitor

Or access this video thats shows 3 nodes of ESP8266 been debugging at same time!

Suggestions, issues and contributions are welcome.

Regards

Joao Lopes

please what is the best solution for esp8226 with Arduino error..
such as espcomm syn_failed

herbeysoft:
please what is the best solution for esp8226 with Arduino error..
such as espcomm syn_failed

Did you select esptool as programmer.

I have tried to connect ESP8266 (version 12) module to Arduino Uno. I have wired it as follows:
Arduino --- ESP8266
RX --- TX
TX --- RX
3.3V --- VCC ; CH_PD ; GPIO 2
GND --- GND ; GPIO15

When I type AT into serial monitor on Arduino IDE, I get no response.
I want to use this module as an Arduino Shield with the Arduino to connect to iOS App, but cannot simply get it to connect and respond to Arduino.

Looking for urgent replies,

Regards,

Tara

tduggan63:
I have tried to connect ESP8266 (version 12) module to Arduino Uno. I have wired it as follows:
Arduino --- ESP8266
RX --- TX
TX --- RX
3.3V --- VCC ; CH_PD ; GPIO 2
GND --- GND ; GPIO15

I want to use this module as an Arduino Shield with the Arduino to connect to iOS App, but cannot simply get it to connect and respond to Arduino.

Google the setup before running.

Looking for urgent replies,

Regards,

Tara

You might have killed your esp8266.
The Arduino UNO Serial is sending out 5V signals into your esp8266. YOU need a logic converter to convert the 5V to 3.3v signal.

What Serial speeds have you tried? Apparently different vendors have shipped ESP8266 modules with different default speeds. Try all the standard speeds between 9600 and 115200...
(Also, be careful of your line endings...)

Hey Guys,

need some help over here,

I am using ESP8266 01 (black edition) and Arduino mega 2560. Now, I just want to transfer data from arduino mega to thingspeak using esp8266 module.

Connection which I have found through internet I have implemented that in ARDUINO UNO board and it works completeley fine BUT, if that same connection I m doing in ARDUINO MEGA 2560 board then it is showing me the below errors:

warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

Please help me out....Thank you in advance...

Ditto on connecting the ESP8266 to an Arduino properly. You need to both level-shift the signals AND provide a proper 3.3v power supply as the Arduino's 3.3v pin doesn't provide enough current to properly power the ESP8266. There are now daughterboards for the ESP8266 that do both. I've seen them on eBay for a buck or so. I built my own a while back. Nothing complicated but it has to be done for it to work.

Btw, I'm still communicating with my ESP8266 using standard Serial commands. Is there a decent, reliable library for it at this point, analogous to ones for Ethernet or WiFi shields? I basically wrote my own, in the form of functions to open and close a TCP connection, send an HTTP command, etc., but a standard library would be nice.