[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

eried:

AlxDroidDev:

eried:

AlxDroidDev:
Just a quick Q: does the installer install its own Java runtime?

Yes, it uses an internal (updated) java runtime

Can the installation of its own java runtime be optional, if I want to use my already-installed Java runtime?

The thing is that since I use a SSD drive, I am a bit (too) concious about wear leveling, so I tend to limit the writes as much as possible in the SSD drive. Besides, space is kind of a constraint as well.

Yes, but without it, the package will stay the same in size, it will only skip to write the Java folder, that is what you want? (another option is to detect if java is present and only download it if is not in the machine) in that way the package probably will be less than 5 MB in size.

Either way is fine for me, but the autodetect of a JRE at installation would be AWESOME!

What I am looking after is to minimize as much as possible the writes to the HDD at install time. This is a concern for those on SSD (my case), because there is a limited number of times each cell can be rewritten. So, if the setup program can install only the specific files (ie. no JRE), that would be great.

Besides, most people - specially those who are developers - already have a JRE preinstalled, so having a second one is unnecessary IMHO.

Anyhow, thank you for taking the time to look into my suggestion.