Help with mouse input and output?

David1937:
Actually I kinda don't mind the option for the foot pedal. What would be the best way that I could use my feet to trigger a quick response. For example, for guns I would have to maybe have the foot pedal rapid-firing for 10 seconds then have to let go for maybe a second to let it reload quickly and then repeat a few times before I don't see anyone anymore or I am dead.

Yeah, just set the arduino to rapid fire while it's held. This is by far the simplest hardware solution (there are technically simpler hardware solutions, but this is the Due forum :smiley: )

David1937:
What is a idea that I could use my feet where I wouldn't accidentally press it that often but also holding it down in small spurts and then quickly taking it off? Like would a normal foot pedal be fast enough? What do you think is the best option?

I still remember being useless with a mouse, but you soon learn. I did program a keyboard key to do mouse clicks once and it became second nature to do it. I don't recall the reason I did it, it may have been a dodgy mouse button, or I didn't want to risk moving the mouse when I clicked.

David1937:
This is just a guess but I was wondering if getting one of those LattePanda mini computers would be a solution to the problem. I could plug the mouse into the mini microcontroller computer and run anything I wanted (you said you found a Python script) and then convey that to my computer.

The only difference here is you have another PC, you still have the problem of getting the mouse control to your gaming PC. You could use the wifi to do it, you don't even need the built in arduino compatible processor. Of course, this requires something running on the gaming PC to do the mouse control... You could potentially use a software KVM (I use input director all the time) but there will be issues when the mouse hits the wrong edge of the screen and switches to controlling the latte (I run games windowed to avoid this problem, but I have a 40" 4K monitor, so running at a lowly 3200x1800 is still a good experience)