Forum Website Down

rockwallaby:
Sure, I end up with a few tabs, 30 or 40, sometimes by two windows in two different viewports, because I can in linux or OSX (chuckle), but heck, it's easier and quicker, no re-loading pages.

No, it's not quicker.

You know, it's really funny. It's really odd. It's really quiet. This place practically screams "We can solve problems! Tell us your problem and we'll find a solution!" Five or ten people sometimes jump on solving the problem at hand. They can't resist solving problems here, and that's really good. It's really impressive, until this problem came up.

Why, when it comes to this problem, is there silence from the problem solvers, the Administration? What's different about it? Why are they so averse at working on a solution to the problem, not avoiding it or working around it? Maybe they are embarrassed and don't want to admit the problem exists? I can only speculate on the reason if they don't chime in. They haven't even acknowledged it. They haven't even said "We don't know how to fix it." Anyone want to guess why? Is it the color of my avatar? Maybe they don't like members with locomotive avatars that report problems.

I just think it's very strange, especially when I posted this topic in the proper place out of goodwill, notifying them of the problem, and what happens? Crickets chirping from the Admins. It's really not a good policy to ignore problem reports and offers of goodwill from members who want the forum to run like it should. I know, they are they types that "shoot the messenger". That's gotta be it.

I dunno, I just think it's weird.

P.S. The forum is running a version of SMF that is on the fast track to being unsupported, as I've also said. But that's another thread ...