hate mac

i can't use arduino for mac, downloaded all drvers and stuff >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
so i have to use my ancient laggy windows

I think I remember reading that the PI people had ported their Pixel interface onto PCs and Macs.
The Arduino IDE runs on Pixel doesn't it?

If the IDE runs okay then putting Pixel onto an old machine might not be a bad way of escaping, though if the OS is an early release it may have some quirks.

There are plenty of people using the Arduino IDE on a Mac - myself included. Currently using 1.6.12.

If you provide details of what the problem is we might be able to help.

devcoder:
i can't use arduino for mac, downloaded all drvers and stuff >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

You know there is a third option superior to both IMHO.

I promise that at the very least the old machine will run faster than with Windows. And if you're going to get very far into programming then you've got to learn to love the linux at some point.

devcoder:

Arduino for Mac has no drivers.

maybe downloading all those drivers is what did him in..,

Arduino for Mac has no drivers.

Older macos needed a driver for FTDI, and I think you still need one for CH340... (Not sure about the latest. I'm still running Mavericks.)

Delta_G:
You know there is a third option superior to both IMHO.

I promise that at the very least the old machine will run faster than with Windows. And if you're going to get very far into programming then you've got to learn to love the linux at some point.

ya, linux can edit the source codes of software, letting you "hack" it :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: