2 quadrature encoders

Hello All- I need Help!!- Ok, here's my project- I have a project similar to an old school drafting table (the movable arm ) which would have 2 quadrature encoders on the arm to track Triangulated position. The arm would be moved to a position on the table, then I would push a "save position " button, and the arduino would save the encoders positions as "number 1 position. I would then move the arm to a different spot, press "save" and the arduino would save these encoder positions as "number 2 Position" ect ect. when I want to go back to position 1, I would press "find 1" and the arduino would operate 2 blinking LED's corresponding to each encoder, and as the arm would get nearer and nearer to position 1, the LEDS would blink faster and faster until I reached position of the saved values at which time 2 LEDS would go "green". My questions are: Is the arduino capable of supporting 2 quad encoders at once?? If so, can the rest of my app (storage, retrieval of locations, blinking LEDS ect) be possible?? I only know PLC programming, so if this is possible, Is this code hard to learn for this application?? One week, one Month, one Year?? Is it possible to get help from, other hobbyists?? Lots of questions- Appreciate the answers- Bill

Is the arduino capable of supporting 2 quad encoders at once??

Yes.

If so, can the rest of my app (storage, retrieval of locations, blinking LEDS ect) be possible??

Yes, should be fairly simple once you understand Arduino programming. Work through some of the examples that come with the IDE, learn to use the encoder library, then go from there.

How long this will take depends entirely on your dedication and ability. With the hardware done, an experienced person could probably do the programming in a couple of hours.

You can handle upto 9 or quadrature encoders using pin-change interrupts, since all the pins
of the Uno can trigger these and analog pins can be used as digital as well, so you have 18 pins plus
the 2 serial pins available! All assuming they aren't super high resolution moving fast at once.