GPS tracker that works in real time, sends data packets and charges wirelessly

Hi,

Want to make a GPS tracker that can be monitored in real time, will send back data (via SIM card or something similar) that is automatically logged in a CSV and can be charged wirelessly (not as important).

Just wondering what componentry exist that would be suitable and also if anyone knows of any tutorials on the subject.

Thanks

anduino uno/pro mini/nano + GPS + APC220 radio is an easy to use combo.
Remote charge .. thats the difficult part.

I'll start with the tracker and add the wireless charger later. Cheers for the info I'll have a look at the parts you've recommended

Choice of which 'wireless' radio is optimum would depend on the range you want for this tracker, and you did not say.

Hey srnet,

You're right. I need something longer range. Ideally sent via phone SIM or something similar. Any ideal of what's around?

Swootybird:
Hey srnet,

You're right. I need something longer range. Ideally sent via phone SIM or something similar. Any ideal of what's around?

Whats 'longer' mean, you also have not said ?

Please appreciate that you (presumably) know what you want this tracker for, its range, where it will be used, what it will be used for but that the forum does not, working crystal balls are quite rare these days.

I would assume that the OP wants this to work everywhere there is cell phone coverage.

Hey Vince,

That's right. That why I'm after something that uses a phone SIM card or something similar. Do you know of anything?

No crystal ball required.