Connect to batteries

Hi,

Everything and that the faqs indicate the following, I see that there are many people who connect LiPo or 3.7V lithium batteries to the screwed connector.

Q: What can I plug to the screw terminal block?
A: The screw terminal block is intended to be used with a 3V battery pack. A battery pack is made up of 2 AA or AAA batteries in series. No more tahn 3V must be applied otherwise the board will be damaged.
Q: Can I attach a Li-Po Battery to the board?
A: No, the board is designed to run with a 3V battery pack. A battery pack is made up of 2 AA or AAA batteries in series. No more tahn 3V must be applied otherwise the board will be damaged.

What consequences can it have? Do they use a buck converter? What is the safe range of input voltage?

I am thinking of using 1.2v NiMh batteries.

3x1.2 = 3.6v

Would it be convenient to adjust the voltage to 3v exact?

Hi,
I would NOT try this: 1.2V is when those nimh batteries are on their nominal voltage sometimes after having been on use.
However, after charging they are at a higher voltage and 3.6v is the DESTRUCTIVE voltage for samd21 and others components on this board.
Using a multimeter is the sole way to make sure of this!!!

Per opposition, an LiFePo4 battery would be at 3.6v immediatly after charging, and at 3.3v most of its lifetime, dying at 3v (no more mA when reached).
I think, but you TYR AT YOUR OWN RISKS, that this would be well suited on the battery connector.

Ops! I don't see your reply before... thanks.

I will test with a multimeter as you suggest, i'm a newbie with electronics skills.

Thanks by your explanation.