Comments on Arduino 1.5 Specifications

Jantje:
It is with pain in the hart that I conclude that I currently see no other option than stopping my Arduino eclipse plugin purely for this library specification.

That might be the same fate for embedXcode, as Arduino is concerned, and for the very same reasons: the new nonsensical library structure.

This should have been avoided, should the Arduino team be more open. I started this thread a long time ago, May 11, 2013, 11:53:48 am. The first answer from a member of the Arduino team only came many months later, on September 09, 2013, 11:27:43 am.

Openness means listening to users and taking their comments into account. Arduino doesn't provide a decent IDE, so the Arduino team should at least consider the Arduino plug-ins for standard IDEs like Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studio and Xcode.

Ultimately, the late answer and the closeness are about Arduino having no consideration and no respect to those who, like Jantje, Visual Micro and myself to name a few, develop Arduino plug-ins for full-fledged IDEs and contribute to a larger Arduino audience.