Your latest purchase

Digikey may be more expensive yet if I order before 3pm, even with inexpensive USPS shipping, I get the parts the next day. Time value of money and a that. Can't beat Asian prices for many components if you're willing to wait, however.

I do wonder how many of them are fakes and / or pulls from existing assemblies but I have yet to have a bad experience with parts / assemblies from Chinese or other resellers.

Constantin:
Digikey may be more expensive yet if I order before 3pm, even with inexpensive USPS shipping, I get the parts the next day. Time value of money and a that. Can't beat Asian prices for many components if you're willing to wait, however.

I do wonder how many of them are fakes and / or pulls from existing assemblies but I have yet to have a bad experience with parts / assemblies from Chinese or other resellers.

Totally agree. I just received 5 XMEGAs I want to play with from Digikey today. No real price advange on these on eBay and I would be waiting 3 weeks instead of 2 days, plus the eBay sellers are selling the A, not the A1 of this chip and I don't know a lot about XMEGAs except the first revs had some bugs so these older codes might not be the best thing to work with. Minnesota to Chicagoland almost always takes 48 hours which is fine with me. They generally only charge me about $3 for shipping when I buy a few chips.

I did, I hit it out of the park with that synchro meter. Arrived today, sealed factory packaging.

Emailed the company, as these have to be ordered directly from the company, usually. First email was simply asking for a price quote for the device, here is the reply:

"The 801-F30 is our standard Synchro/Resolver panel meter with 0.01 degrees of resolution and 0.03 degrees of accuracy. In qty 1-4 pcs the per unit sell price is $2,550 with a 4 week leadtime."

I have now sent back an email explaining that I have one in hand, the project that I am doing, and the fact that I am trying to flip it for the most money I can so I can further finance the safety valve project. I figure it can't hurt, I have nothing to lose. Worst case the guy tell me to get bent and I sell it on ebay. I'd be happy to get a reasonable offer to purchase it (so they could recertify and sell), or I figure given the "good cause" nature of my project, he might be able to direct me to the maximum I might get for it. They sell on ebay USED for $800-$1200.

1. :grin: :grin: :grin: 8)

The fates want this valve built too, it seems!

Worst case the guy tell me to get bent and I sell it on ebay.

Haha, no the worst case is the guy will tell you it's stolen and you should send it to them.

Back in the old days we used synchronous resolvers to generate sine theta and cosine theta and their multiples to compute various analog functions. Too bad it didn't come with a couple of resolvers. Still, a pretty neat toy.

LOL, if the guy asks you for it's serial number better hang up. :smiley:

Lefty

This 8-digit display based on the MAX7219 chip on eBay for $10:

It makes a nice neat package, and is designed that you can put them together horizontally or vertically.

The chip is on the back, out of the way:

I managed to solder on the SMD capacitors and resistor:

You know what? I'm worried if I sneeze I'll never see them again. :wink:

Plus, they are the devil to solder. You have to clamp them down or they just wander off.

Or worse. Take a deep breath and ... gulp!

I almost threw them in the bin, thinking they were a bit of stray plastic from the packaging:

Then I took a closer look (not easy at my age):

Those look like 0805s. I just got used to soldering them on, they are not that hard. I have a method to pre-solder the pads, top with flux, and then use a hot air gun and tweezers to apply these parts as the first step in assembly before larger parts and this works good for me - surface tension pulls them in and makes a nice heel. I look like a soldering expert under the microscope. I bought a kit that requires 0402 parts and I just got a cap and a resistor 0402 set so I now have 0805, 0603, and 0402 kits for caps and resistors in common values. I guess I am set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200898460364
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190805736512

I like surface mount parts that have the values coded on. "103" and "472" is a lot easier to read than a bunch of color bars.

Whew! I know sometimes it takes longer to get here than other places- but that's ridiculous..

I just got the MAX7219 order... LOL.

8 5V Isolation Relay Module Optocoupler Driver Module 10A/250VAC, 10A/30VDC w/diode freewheeling protection, short response time.

4 Arduino Ultrasonic Module HC-SR04 Distance Sensor

6 SD modules way cheaper than any I've seen on eBay.

2 BlueTooth modules configurable as master or slave. They do sell non-configurables for less.

2 6-axis gyro + accelerometer modules.

8 IR remote receiver modules. At the price quoted I got extras. If I didn't, I'd need them.

2 20x audio amps and 2 200x that I can't tell apart by looking at them.

With registered shipping from HK and Paypal fee, $68.40 total.

intel i7 3770k
8 gb ddr3 2400 ram
ATI 7950 3gig video card

to upgrade my AMDfx 4170, 8 gig ddr 1866 ati 6870

now I have a phenom II 720x3 with 4 gig of DDR2 1066 and a geforce 9600GT to sell off

]:smiley:

Do you run flight sims by any chance?

no

Sounds like a nice Skyrim setup.

Another oddball item arrived today, a 75 foot Siecor Gold fiber optic cable. Two strands, tiny stuff. I got it on one of those 99 cent bids.. mainly because I haven't played with optic fiber and seventy five feet of it for a buck was a no brainer.

So, what exactly can I misuse this for? :grin:

focalist:
So, what exactly can I misuse this for? :grin:

Dog leash for the digital age? Strangle your wife with them and take her life insurance money? I have no idea; the fibers are so small that they aren't capable of much light output. I fiddled with some but never had much luck in the blinky light department.

Well the fiber cable may be a nice strong silicone rope :slight_smile:

However, I did finally land a good multimeter:

Amprobe AM-1250 True RMS Multi-Meter (used, tested good)

!E9s2fB+2)BRZdcU(Pog~~60_57.JPG)

Part of my latest DealExtreme order:
1 PIR module, including lens and electronics --- $3.50
1 28-pin ZIF socket --- $2.80

Yes, a ZIFduino is in the future works.

mouser.com is selling TLC5916IN LED drivers for 94 cents each (in quantities >= 10). I just picked up two fists-full.