the diet seems to be working

i was 300 lbs, now i am down to 285!
i thought the diet was a farce, and not working. but i seem to be over the struggle, and it is working!

as for the crampy gut aches, i called, even though they seem to have subsided, and the doc suspects it may have just been a stomach bug. she made a note of it though, just in case. as for how much water (LarryD's note), she said to lay off the 3 liters of cranberry juice a day. it may have been drowning my kidneys. :o so just the normal average amount of water, for now. but to keep an eye out for excessively dark urine (not enough water).

but at least my diet is working. :smiley: (or i have acquired a tapeworm :o )

~Travis

What diet? Seefood?

Hi,
Fantastic mate, 300lb to 285lb took how long?

I'm 164.5kg (361lb) down to 161.4kg (355lb) in a fortnight, got to keep diet balanced due to type2 diabetes, otherwise I'd be dieting heavier with more weight loss.

Keep us posted on this thread mate, and I'll do the same, a bit of mutual incentive.

Do you feel any better, even loosing 3kg, I feel better when I walk.
I had my first hypo the other day, down to 4.1 mmol/L, not a good feeling.
I didn't get my lunch at the right time, I left it for 1 1/2 hours later,

Now I know what one feels like, the wife was type 2 as well.

Tom... :slight_smile: :o :slight_smile:

Shoveling snow from all your neighbor's drives will also help!

Paul

Shoveling snow from all your neighbor's drives will also help!

Ha ha...did 4 today

Lucky you! LAst year at this time we still had 2 feet. This year, nothing.

Paul

We got a foot today

travis_farmer:
...as for the crampy gut aches, i called, even though they seem to have subsided, and the doc suspects it may have just been a stomach bug.

Your body takes time to adjust to any significant change in diet. You can expect the odd complaint as your physiology adjusts to the new regime. There are strong similarities between reducing excessive sugar intake and kicking a drug dependency, for instance. Keep in touch with your nutritionist to allay any worries, and don't give up.

as for how much water (LarryD's note), she said to lay off the 3 liters of cranberry juice a day. it may have been drowning my kidneys. :o

3 litres of cranberry juice is about 3/4 of the recommended daily carb intake! Depending on what brand you are drinking, 3 litres of 'unsweetened' fruit juice is equivalent to 3 litres or more of fizzy pop (soda). Regardless of brand, pure fruit juice is loaded with natural sugars. Great for vitamins, anti-oxidants and other nutrients, terrible for losing weight.

A good diet is about balance and 150ml of pure fruit juice a day, would be about the right amount for most people. Adulterated fruit juices, 'low sugar' and 'low calorie' for instance, are best avoided completely, IMO.

but at least my diet is working. :smiley: (or i have acquired a tapeworm :o )

Brilliant. Keep at it. Not only will losing weight increase your life expectancy, there is a good chance it will make it a happier life. The very best of luck to you.

Top tip, learn to read labels, very, very, carefully. U.S. corporations are adept at sidestepping labelling regulations, intended to help consumers avoid an inadvertently unhealthy diet, by assembling words in a particular order.

msssltd:
Your body takes time to adjust to any significant change in diet. You can expect the odd complaint as your physiology adjusts to the new regime. There are strong similarities between reducing excessive sugar intake and kicking a drug dependency, for instance. Keep in touch with your nutritionist to allay any worries, and don't give up.
3 litres of cranberry juice is about 3/4 of the recommended daily carb intake! Depending on what brand you are drinking, 3 litres of 'unsweetened' fruit juice is equivalent to 3 litres or more of fizzy pop (soda). Regardless of brand, pure fruit juice is loaded with natural sugars. Great for vitamins, anti-oxidants and other nutrients, terrible for losing weight.

A good diet is about balance and 150ml of pure fruit juice a day, would be about the right amount for most people. Adulterated fruit juices, 'low sugar' and 'low calorie' for instance, are best avoided completely, IMO.
Brilliant. Keep at it. Not only will losing weight increase your life expectancy, there is a good chance it will make it a happier life. The very best of luck to you.

Top tip, learn to read labels, very, very, carefully. U.S. corporations are adept at sidestepping labelling regulations, intended to help consumers avoid an inadvertently unhealthy diet, by assembling words in a particular order.

Excellent advice, my biggest change was my working lunch time meal.

It used to be the local lunch caravan special, usually chips and parma or mixed grill or schnitzel, or fish along with a can of diet coke.
Not good for weightloss and sugar control, I don't add sugar or salt to anything, but its still in the foods you eat, so looking at labels for fats, carbs and sodium becomes a ritual if confronted by a new product.

I now take an instant noodle with me, the type you add boiling water and wait 2 - 3 minutes and an ice water, took about 3days to get used to, but work kept me happy.

My fruit of choice the moment is mandarins, either local or California, or apples, I have one of those nifty apple pealers and corers, I just use the corer. A big brown Labrador eats the core.

The diet coke is now down to 2 x 1.25L as week, I have an ice maker and make diet lime slushies.
Coffee is down.

After three weeks, I am feeling much better.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

travis_farmer:
.....as for the crampy gut aches, i called, even though they seem to have subsided, and the doc suspects it may have just been a stomach bug.....

So it might have been the microwave chicken after all :smiling_imp:

Glad to hear it was not serious and well done with the weight.