Norway and Australia

clippity clop, clippity clop, I am sure that I can hear horses.

The scale of the Australian fires is such that the CO2 released must surely have global impact. Just the area of black charred ground is going to have local if not global climate impact.

These figures are not normal. The entire continent of Australia has had above average temperatures. Perhaps even more worrying than the bush fires is wild life simply dying of heatstroke.

I have heard that the same climate phenomenon that exacerbated (or even caused) the bush fires is being blamed for the locust problem in Africa. Apparently the swarm is now covering an area of 900 square miles and is growing. The report said that the number of insects may increase by x500 (that may not equate to the same increase in swarm area).

Meanwhile China heroically tries to deal with a new coronavirus that appears to be coming more infectious. As long as it does not also become more deadly all is well, otherwise – clip clop, clip clop.

On happier notes;
Your Aldi does not sound like mine, opening new lanes to cope with customers!!!

As for Koalas either I have a sick mind or I recall that they feed their offspring their poo which helps develop gut bacteria that aid digestion of local leaves. As a result koala rescuers have been giving rescued koalas “poo shakes” from animals in their destination location with some success in rehabilitating them.