RTC Breakout for DS1339 on Arduino - low cost, battery backup, 2 alarms

Hi,

I've created an RTC Breakout for DS1339 on Arduino, including a library for the module. Here is the instructable that I published -

I was looking for suitable replacement for the DS1307, which is not suitable for a 3.3v Arduino Pro Mini. I settled on the DS1339, which had all the features I was looking for:

1. Tolerant of a wide range of voltages
  2. Battery backup
  3. 2 alarms, so you can use this module to wake up your arduino periodically if you have any low power projects
    as an added bonus, it has a trickle charger too!

I forked the Mosquino RTC DS1337 library (since the register formats are almost identical), made it more generic, and put it on github - GitHub - sridharrajagopal/DSRTCLib: Arduino library for DS1337 & DS1339 RTC modules

The board itself is available on OSH Park ~

Hope this is useful to you!
Cheers,
Sridhar

Hello!

I've finally gone ahead and created a fully assembled breakout board with the DS1339 RTC with smd components and created a double-header, so you can use it by plugging it directly into an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi - as the board is tolerant of 3.3 and 5v.

It is available on Tindie if you are interested! - https://www.tindie.com/products/UpbeatLabs/ds1339-rtc-breakout-board/

Cheers,
Sridhar