ITEAD BT Shield command problems and questions

I bought the ITEAD BT Shield (Master Slave) http://imall.iteadstudio.com/development-platform/arduino/shields/im120417010.html . I can't seem to be able to send AT commands to it. I have the switch to CMD, D0-RX, D1-TX and am using AccessPort on my windows PC.
When I set up the connection(COM5, 38400) and I send a command(AT+VERSION?\r\n) nothing happens. They say that I need to solder a 1uF capacitor between PIN34 on the module and the reset arduino pin but I don't have one. I trued using a 10uF one but it didn't work. Do I need a correct cap or something else(or both:D).ftp://imall.iteadstudio.com/IM120417010_BT_Shield_v2.2/DS_IM120417010_BTShield.pdf
http://blog.iteadstudio.com/upload-program-to-arduino-with-bt-shield/

If you want to use the PC to directly send commands to the BT module, you have to swap the RX/TX lines.

So do D0-tx and D1-RX? Tried with and without the cap. No result, sadly.

So you have the jumpers as in figure 4 on page 3 of the manual? I don't know what exactly you mean by the D0-TX description.

You don't need the capacitor, that's only necessary if you want to upload sketches using the Bluetooth connection but you're on a much earlier state, you want to the module to accept a command.

Did you read the section in the manual that defines that you have to power-switch the module when you changed the CMD switch?

Yes. The jumpers are as in figure 4 and the switch is on the CMD side when I power it on and try to send the commands.

Have you tried a baudrate of 9600? In some documents this baudrate is described as the default after a factory reset.

BTW: what type of Arduino are you using?

Arduino UNO Rev.3. A baudrate of 9600 didn't work :(. This is what happens - YouTube .
Video is not mine.

On that video is an Iteaduino BT and not an Itead BT shield. To find information about the Iteaduino BT, you can have a look at my page about it:

http://www.linotux.ch/arduino/iteaduino_bt.html

If you're using the BT shield, what sketch is running on the Arduino? Is it possible that the Arduino is writing some data to the serial interface?

The video is not using the shield but the results the person is getting are the same as mine. I am using a shield and have uploaded the Blink program to the arduino.

But the guy in the video has the problem described on my page (wrong jumper settings). You might have to experiment a little bit with different jumper settings and different baud rates (that's what I had success with).

Nothing works. This is so frustrating.Everything is as the datasheet and as other sites say. I tried other combinations, tried sending AT, AT\r\n, at, AT+VERSION?\r\n and none of them work. The LED is blinking correctly, when in DAT mode I can find it with my bluetooth from my PC. But sending AT commands seems to be impossible. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong. =( =( =(

If you see it in DAT mode, have you tried connecting to it? Does that work?

Have you tried with different jumper settings and different baudrates? If yes, which ones did you try? I don't own the shield but I have the Iteaduino BT and as you might have read on my page, the manual was wrong about jumper positions.

I can connect to it using my PC's bluetooth but I don't know how to send commands and read them out(I probably need software on the arduino). I have tried connecting D0 to RX and D1 to TX. I have also tried connecting D0 to TX and D1 to RX. Always in CMD mode. I have tried 38400bps, 9600, 115200 and 25600. All using Parity bit: NONE; Data bit: 0; Stop bit: 1; Buffer size 8192.

According to the schematics D0->RX and D1->TX together with 38400 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity should work. The datasheet states clearly that the state of the CMD switch is read only at power on (not reset). So after changing the state of that switch you have to cut power and repower it to make the change effective. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Update! Downloaded TerraTerm and set COM5(from device manager) to use the settings from the manual. From TerraTerm when I connect and press Enter I get ERROR: (0) a billion times. I guess this is good but I have no idea how to write an actual command.

EDIT: Got it working!!! I just typed AT in the window and entered it! Got OK. Thank you for your help and for keeping me going.
http://www.mathias-wilhelm.de/arduino/shields/bluetooth-shield/?PHPSESSID=iuu4b974luemd815eh21dmbma2

Hey i have an Iteaduino BT and i successfully programmed it and uploaded my programs, but i am trying to set
my custom PAN ID on the bluetooth module using XCTU software.

My idea is that i need my Iteaduino BT to communicate with my other other Arduino Board(Ofcourse with Bt bee pro installed), since both need to have same PAN ID's. I know i can configure xbee pro using XB USB Explorer, then what about configuring Bluetooth on ITeaduino...?

It includes HC-05 module, so download the HC-05 datasheet and search for the particular setting, if any..

using at commands i cannot set the pan id's. But using xctu we can set the other parameters, the problem is i can send at commands but cannot read modem configurration using xctu. help...

i read the hc-05 module data sheet, there is no mention of setting a pan id's like xctu. I have a doubt that we can only set such parameters for DIGI modules..?