Is Arduino Due coming?

@Massimo
The due is a completely new hardware platform which needs a new toolchain. From the video's I have seen on this subject I learned that the new Arduino IDE has been optimized to support more toolchains. As you may know I have developed a Arduino eclipse plugin that uses the Arduino IDE toolchain. When the due comes out I will change this to "a arduino eclipse pllugin that supports multiple toolchains".
As such I am very interested in how you support "configuring a toolchain in the new arduino IDE". I assume this is done based on an additional hardware folder that contains it's own boards.txt file.
I also assume that this boards.txt fie has been extended to allow to identify which toolchain must be used and which options must be set for which tool.
I would love to get a description of the new boards.txt. I have been searching but didn't find anything on this subject yet.
Can you point me to a description that would allow me to take the right decisions to implement "toolchain selection based on Arduino IDE info" in eclipse?
Thanks

Best regards
Jantje