Orange Rx Openlrs ng - problems flashing firmware - SOLVED

spruce_m00se:
Thanks

I'll take a look at his link and see what it looks like, although the one I have linked is being used by many many people and they dont have a lot of trouble, there is a big community supporting the code,

I just dont know why I managed to apparently screw the upload, and then my stupidity burning the power reg seems to have finished the deal, i put a different power reg on the board as a test last night and it seems there is no rf output , i hope the module is recoverable, but i doubt it

Hmm, in that case, maybe I should take a look at HK's radio, LOL. As I mentioned, I've had terrible luck with the "usual" RFMxx radio libraries I've seen talked about around this forum - jeelib, mikem, attempting to use lowpower mod of jeelib with the mega1284.

Are you using it with one of the 433 transmitters shown in this page?

I guess I didn't realize this is an R/C transmitter-receiver system, per se. When I saw RFM22 and Arduino/328, I figured it was a standard radio system. Have you considered using it for a regular comms link, ala "It can even be programmed to utilize extra features such as telemetry and more!"?

From the looks of it, the board should be pretty darn simple. You should be able to tell if the Arduino is working by uploading any sketch, like a blink. And short of buying a new board from HK, you should be able to solder in a replacement RFM22 radio.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/anarduino/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=