GRBL board 3 axis + GRBL v1.1 + GrblGru, How to set torque for motor stepper ?

Hello, is anyone know how to set motor stepper torque from GRBL board 3 axis for laser engraving machine?
And how to set the holding torque when motor stepper on stand by mode? I'm using GRBL v1.1.
Thank you very much...

The holding torque of a stepper motor is determined by the manufacturer. You could get a lower value by adjusting your stepper driver to provide a lower current than the motor can take. But then the torque will be lower at all speeds as well as stationary. And you would have to experiment to find the relationship between torque and the lower current.

Why would you want to vary the torque when the motor isn't moving? You can't be more or less stationary :slight_smile:

...R

Thanks for your answer. I need the holding torque because i want to make laser engraving machine , if my motor haven't holding torque i think its dangerous because if my machine being touch with people Will change the dimensional.

HenriWijaya:
if my motor haven't holding torque i think its dangerous because if my machine being touch with people Will change the dimensional.

All stepper motors have holding torque. The details will be in the stepper motor datasheet. As long as the motor remains powered it will hold position.

...R