DIY-Thermocam V2: A do-it-yourself thermal imager

Hi everyone!

I just found this project, and I was looking at the webpage, but I cannot find the software, is there any website where I can download the software?

Thanks in advance

Joc

Joc,
There's a version over here, but I can't get it running on a 64-bit mac. yet.

let me know if you found another version somewhere.
/C

I have built the camera....but when I use java software and hit START nothing happens ]:slight_smile:
The countdown clock does not go down and scanning process as well.
I took all the codes from www.centralnexus.com
Any way to check functionality of my sensor as well?
Thanks guys!

Does anyone have a link or access to the original code that was provided the Cheap-Thermocam project? I have tried all of the related links and all of them are not valid links.

Thanks in advance for anyone help on this.

idea-thinker.

the link in #112 does work

Hey ppl
I have basically built my 2d scanners and mounted my sensor, however i am having trouble getting the java program to interact with my arduino sketch. Any suggestions please. I just hooked up the scanner and started the motor movement, then pressed start on the java gui but there seems to be no communication even after i chose the right comms port

hi guys, please how do i get the java gui to communicate with my sketch. After i have chosen the right port, there still seems to be no communication

UPDATE: Version 3 of the Cheap-Thermocam is now available !
It does not use an arduino any more, instead I am relying on a Teensy 3.1 (ARM Cortex M3). But hopefully its still interesting for some people :wink:

maxbot:
UPDATE: Version 3 of Cheap-Thermocam is now available!
Unfortunately, for reasons of space and increased power requirements are no longer with an Arduino, but instead is a Teensy 3.1 are used. Hopefully the project is still for one or the other interesting smiley-wink

i would like to know what caused that hig requremnts.. seems like something get bloated

lesto:

maxbot:
UPDATE: Version 3 of Cheap-Thermocam is now available!
Unfortunately, for reasons of space and increased power requirements are no longer with an Arduino, but instead is a Teensy 3.1 are used. Hopefully the project is still for one or the other interesting smiley-wink

i would like to know what caused that hig requremnts.. seems like something get bloated

Some things have changed. I am using a 3.2 inch touch display, which would be hard to do with a standard arduino.
To reduce costs, I am utilizing a JPEG CMOS camera module and do real time conversion to BMP on the chip, in order to display it on the screen. Temperatures are running through a 2D gaussian filter algorithm to smooth the transitions, which is also very performance intensive. Flash space is also critical, fortunately the Teensy offers plenty of them (262kB).

i see.
is possible #define what incluse, so we can leave out LCD and camera, and just use a pc to display data?

lesto:
i see.
is possible #define what incluse, so we can leave out LCD and camera, and just use a pc to display data?

Thats the idead behind V1 :wink: You can always build it on your own, here you go: http://www.cheap-thermocam.net/downloads-v1/

Update: The successor of the Cheap-Thermocam V4, called DIY-Thermocam, is now available as a self-assembly kit ! For more information, check out www.diy-thermocam.net

Update 2: Today, the store has been updated!
It's now also possible to buy single components, either from me or an external distributor near you. That enables you to choose what parts you want to buy, and from what source.
In addition, I added the schematic and the enclosure design file to the download section. So if you want to make your own nice case or your own board, you can do that easily !
Check out the new store concept: http://www.diy-thermocam.net/store/

There have been some changes, which I would like to inform you about:

• A new thermal analysis software for the PC is available, called ThermoVision. It allows various options to edit, analyze and save thermal data from the device.
  • The standalone thermal viewer software written in Python allows HQ thermal live streams, taking photos & recording videos on the PC. As always, the source code is open-source.
  • The USB serial communication protocol is now open, so everyone can communicate with the DIY-Thermocam easily and write own applications or get access to the raw data.

Check out www.diy-thermocam.net for all the new updates!

I am happy to announce, that the DIY-Thermocam V2 is here! It contains a lot of improvements towards the previous generation, based on the feedback of all customers and the experience from the last two years.

The project has moved to Github.

You can now make your own DIY-Thermocam V2 by purchasing the components on the list on your own. Everything is open-source, including the gerber files for the PCB, the protocol, the firmware itself (written in Arduino compatible code!).

Hope you like it and I would be happy to receive your feedback :slight_smile:

lestofante:
i see.

Hi, I also want to display in a pc, have you tried?

leyuanma:
Hi, I also want to display in a pc, have you tried?

Pipe the data to Processing?

(You do realise this thread is nearly four years old?)