Yet another project: a DAQ

mobesa:
So, I asked him if I were to make an Arduino alternative. He politely answered, "You will find online software for an oscilloscope and the function generator. Maybe a DMM too. But the spectrum analyzer will be harder and we supply some special instruments written in LabVIEW. Be interesting to see how far you get! By the way, we looked at the Arduino choices early on and none of them had the capabilities and performance we needed."

Can we prove him wrong?

I doubt he will be proven wrong unless someone has the resources to assemble a strong team of hardware and software engineers together, especially given the time restraints. NI has some amazing software for data acquisition, probably not the best available for a dedicated task but the range of what their software does and the ease it does it is amazing.

I spent a lot of time developing data acquisition software development back when a C compiler fit on a 360k floppy disk and the libraries were on another floppy. I wish labView would have been available and could have spent the time programming doing Physics, buy alas I was a few processors too early.

Not Much Help,
wade