Genuino Brand

I am saying that we understood Arduino to be a total package and that by buying the boards, all were supported. The actions of the board making partner betrayed that. Even support needs support.

Missing jigsaws...

Arduino: Adafruit -> USA
Genuino: Seeedstudio -> Asia
Genuino: ???? -> Europe
Genuino: ???? -> Rest of the world (Australia, Africa, South-America...)

Genuino: Italy for sure, because the .org register the name before Banzi

testato, he is talking about producer. Europe and rest of the world still does not have an official producer.

I always liked the fact that the boards were made in Italy and not the far east.

Thanks lesto, i misunderstand it

I hope that a little production remain in Italy, it will be symbolic but very important for the Arduino history

Well...Arduino - Home

.cc vs .org 0-1
:confused:

Not unexpected the way the products are being rebranded.

I wish .cc would sort out what products they intend to sell. It looks as though the GPRS shield and Starter Kit are now .org products. Still, it gives .cc the opportunity to revise the design and take on board the criticism of those items...

I'm anxious to see the result of the court cases in USA and Italy. I'm certainly rooting for Arduino LLC (arduino.cc) to get the Arduino name recognition world-wide. I made that clear a while back: Warning, buying this board does NOT support Arduino.cc, the mainstream Arduino company

Link is broken

Fixed it. The URL button in the comment editor here on the forum is broken I think. I had to manually edit the link. anyway, it's fixed now.

Arduino.org thinks they are winning? Arduino LLC is now selling boards in the US. I think the boards will be available soon in Europe and Asia.

Sincerely, I'd just drop Arduino name with all the sorrow of the world and rapidly embrace Genuino. Thereby things would be a lot clearer for all of us (and newies over all) in the future.

After publishing an interview with Massimo BANZI, Hackaday publishes this with Federico MUSTO.

Both views are equally published, the author of the article remained neutral.

68tjs:
After publishing an interview with Massimo BANZI, Hackaday publishes this with Federico MUSTO.

Both views are equally published, the author of the article remained neutral.

Here's the link: [Federico Musto] Of Arduino SRL Discusses Arduino Legal Situation | Hackaday

What a mess. I still think Gianluca Martino deceptively and with less-than-perfectly-honorable intentions went behind the whole team's back, but Arduino SRL does have some really cool products. I'm not Hackaday, so I don't have to be neutral. I still want both companies to succeed and sell cool and useful products, but I really also hope that Arduino SRL does it under another name.....

In other words, when this is all said and done, I want there to be one Arduino....owned by the founding majority (Arduino LLC, who really owns the most significant portion of the product lines--namely, the firmware, codebase, and community support and networking), and I want Arduino SRL to continue as a company...under some other name.

+1

One more time there is no question of constituting a people's court to designate a culprit.
It is just a matter of having independent information from both parts.

This enabled me to discover that:
"Among --other sources of money, [Daniela Antonietti] had mortgaged her house to pay for a professional reflow oven"
This is a sign of a strong personal involvement in the Arduino project that deserves respect.

But this does not turn Musto into an angel.

What about Arduino Yun?

finally the first "Genuio" Boards arrived in Europe (Germany)
--> http://www.exp-tech.de/catalogsearch/result/?q=Genuino
(manufactured by Seeed Studio ?)