How to attach PING))) sensor to LilyPad

Hello All,

I am in the beginning stages of a wearables project and I have some questions about the parallax PING))) sensor. I have been searching the internet to try and find some information about the feasibility of connecting a PING))) sensor to the LilyPad in a circuit made of conductive thread. So far I haven't turned up much useful information. Does anyone have any tips/tricks/tutorials they could send my way?

So far I haven't turned up much useful information.

The tabs around the outside of the lilypad correspond to analog and digital pins. Do you know which tab goes with which pin? The ping sensor can be connected to any digital pin. Knowing which one it is attached to is all that really matters.

Paul-

Thanks so much for your feedback, however it made me realize I should have been more specific. I am unsure of how to physically attach it to my circuit. For example:

-Should I sew conductive thread onto each leg? If so is there a good way to keep the thread on each leg of the PING))) from touching?

-Should wrap conductive fabric around the legs to elongate them and then sew into the individual pieces of fabric?

The PING))) sensor wasn't made to go into a garment like all of the LilyPad components and I want to make sure attaching it to a garment is feasible before I get to far into my coding.

The PING))) sensor wasn't made to go into a garment like all of the LilyPad components and I want to make sure attaching it to a garment is feasible before I get to far into my coding.

I'd attach insulated wires to the ping sensor, and strip the insulation off several inches of the free end, and sew the bare wire to the garment with the conductive thread. Keep each wire well separated. Only the insulated portions get close to each other.