Error compiling. Unable to rename core.a

Hi everyone.
I just started trying to make my recently buyed first arduino and I got stuck just in the very first step of making it work.

Trying to upload the blink example but with different time lapses for blinking, i get the next error while trying to compile.

"C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: unable to rename 'core.a'; reason: File exists"

I'm using an Arduino Uno, with Windows Vista. I've installed it as told in the instructions and the thing is it has worked once of the about 50 that i've tried, and it compiled and uploaded.
I tired to reinstall all the folder, and worked well in the first try, but I keep on getting the same message now. :frowning:

Any ideas!?
Thanks

Really no one has an aswer?! :S

Have the same problem. Tried giving the folder permissions to make changes but nothing works. Please someone help me.

ArchiM:
Hi everyone.
I just started trying to make my recently buyed first arduino and I got stuck just in the very first step of making it work.

Trying to upload the blink example but with different time lapses for blinking, i get the next error while trying to compile.

"C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: unable to rename 'core.a'; reason: File exists"

I'm using an Arduino Uno, with Windows Vista. I've installed it as told in the instructions and the thing is it has worked once of the about 50 that i've tried, and it compiled and uploaded.
I tired to reinstall all the folder, and worked well in the first try, but I keep on getting the same message now. :frowning:

Any ideas!?
Thanks

You probably have some real-time anti-virus program running. You should disable this, or make sure everything to do with AVR development is ignored by it.

Ignore it. I have had there error several times and for me, it always uploads if I ignore it and wait a few more minutes.

I would suggest moving the Arduino folder outside of "Program Files".

This is the convention that I follow and I have not had any problems:
C:\arduino\arduino-1.0
C:\arduino\arduino-1.0.1

Hey guys, this stupid problem also happened to me.
Just turn off your antivirus system, and it should be fine.

Thanks for all those who mentioned to disable antivirus, it works.

ola estou com esse problema ja desativei anti vírus mas o erro continua o mesmo eu uso windows 8.1 64bits

Estava com esse mesmo erro.

Encontrei a solução em um fórum que dizia:

"(...) tem que apagar essas pastas aqui:

No Mac OS X:
/Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15

No Windows:
C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15
C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15

No Linux:
/home/(username)/.arduino15 (a.k.a. ~/.arduino15) "

Seque o link do fórum: RoboCore: Bloqueio de Segurança

Hello,

I had the same problem, just run Arduino as an administrator (on Windows).

Good luck.

Moving the folder as stated worked for me. Thanks so much.

I had the same issue installing the IDE on a new PC.

I had to change Tools -> Programmer to "Arduino as ISP"

This solution works only temporarily.
Same error appeared the next day. Moving again to another path made error disappear.

Similar problem and SOLUTION here.