programming services

Hi all.

I have a project that I am sure that an arduino can handle. What I do not have is time to learn how to program this thing.

Where does a person go for programming services? Fivr or one of those other platforms or local classifieds? If any of you guys could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Loren

There's a section of this forum called "Gigs and Collaborations". Post there with specific details about the project. Don't be vague if you really want quotes. Be as specific as you can.

Delta_G:
Post there with specific details about the project.

That would be cross-posting.
Better to ask a moderator to MOVE your thread to that section.
Click on the "report to moderator" line in your post.
Leo..

Thanks for the guidance.

Moderator, could you please move this to the appropriate section?

Thanks again
Loren

Did you click on that blue line,

"Report to Moderator"

And enter it there?
Leo..

I did it for you.

lorendaoust:
Hi all.

I have a project that I am sure that an arduino can handle. What I do not have is time to learn how to program this thing.

Where does a person go for programming services? Fivr or one of those other platforms or local classifieds? If any of you guys could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Loren

Ask here, but provide some details. And be prepared to pay way more than you estimate - especially if you choose "cheep" services from fiver :slight_smile:

Just describe what you want done in plain words. e.g., "I have a kiln to make titanium alloy ingots and I need to automatically shut it off, open the lid and remove the crucible inside after the cycle is complete."

Ok been a tad busy sorry it took a bit to get back to all of you. I'll post the plan here and anyone interested can send me a pm with the breakdown.

I have:
one arduino uno
one relay shield
three momentary on push button switches - no ground dry contact
two 110v solenoids for air

I want to have push button switch one control relay one - press once, relay one turns on for 15 min

Push button switch two press once, relay one turns on and stays on. Push button switch two again, relay one turns off and stays off

Relay 2 turns on once every 12 hours for 5 seconds

Basically I want to have a my air compressor line turn on the air for 15 min duration with a button (1) or be controlled with button (2) on/off. Also, run a drain on the tank to blow off water once or twice a day.
It would be handy to be able to change the duration on and off as well as the time for the autodrain. I have a compressor in the shop that multiple people use and they quite often forget to shut off the main line when they are done. (Button two will be hidden away for days when i will be using the compressor extensively)

Any suggestions to make it simpler is cool with me.

Pics of the items below.

Thanks for your help.

Loren Daoust

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoYmyG4oq1bVGp5azBUcmhJTGRPUXk2R1NUZ2NhZlUzRlZN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoYmyG4oq1bVnNOSXpTYVBha2pVdHREa0xqUEJQQmdoSXZv/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoYmyG4oq1bcnlIdTk3dnBLX043bk5LYURrNFhNcHZpNWt3/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoYmyG4oq1bc1MtcEFxYnIwRUZhOXVQOU1GbHdxcHR4aVVR/view?usp=sharing

Hi Loren:
Thanks for that excellent description.
BTW, unless I missed it, you don't say what the third switch is to be used for.

I designed a system like this a few years ago (compressor control with automatic condensate purge for a set of air cylinder actuators) and one suggestion I would make is would be to consider what happens if the automatic blowoff time happens when the air is in use. If the momentary blip in pressure isn't a problem, not a big deal. In the system I was working on, the accumulator was pretty small, so what I would do if the system was in use when it was time to purge was bring the system up to a higher pressure (like 10 psi higher) and then activate the purge valve while watching the system pressure. I'd let it run for the preset time or stop short if the pressure dropped below nominal. This was so the rest of the system that was controlling air cylinders would have enough pressure to continue operating.

In any event, it's pretty straightforward to do all this. Do you have a preference on user interface to control the auto-drain interval/time?

I was able to get a program done here by one of the people on this forum. Just finished wiring it up and it seems to be working nicely. Thanks all to who sent me messages.