EasyVR "TestEasyVR" Program Reporting Conflicting Types When Compiling

Edit: Problem solved. Somehow I accidentally copied the SoftwareSerial library for Arduino 022 into the Arduino 1.00 library.

Hi all,

I just got an EasyVR module (veear.eu). I'm trying to install their quickstart test software (available as an example in the library downloadable @ http://veear.eu/Support/Downloads.aspx ), but I'm getting a compilation error. It says

In file included from TestEasyVR.cpp:32:0:
/home/benjamin/arduino-1.0/libraries/SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.h:52:10: error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual void SoftwareSerial::write(uint8_t)’
/home/benjamin/arduino-1.0/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.h:48:20: error:   overriding ‘virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)’

Am I wrong in thinking those are totally different scopes and shouldn't interfere with each other?

Anyways, I just downloaded Arduino 1.0 and had to make the following changes:
-import the header file "wiring.h" since for some reason it wasn't included in my download.
-modify a few libraries' #includes to include "Arduino.h" rather than the old "WProgram.h"

Other than that, it's a fresh install and the "TestEasyVR" file is fresh as well.

Any ideas?

edit: running the newest Ubuntu.