Forum Website Down

Hello, I just want to notify that I did lost access to the Arduino forum website since yesterday for about 12 hrs. Regards. It is back know! Thank you!

Just a warning. If you are having trouble logging in, then you might want to try deleting your cookies. I couldn't log in this morning until I did that with Chrome. Hey, at least I wasn't banned! :slight_smile:

Palliser:
Hello, I just want to notify that I did lost access to the Arduino forum website since yesterday for about 12 hrs. Regards. It is back know! Thank you!

We had massive outage on the main server tonight, the whole machine rebooted at least two times for still unclear reasons.
Now it seems back to normal operational status, please report eventual other issues you find to webmaster@arduino.cc .

There is a problem with the search function, I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to access the search deamon.

Erni:

An Error Has Occurred!

Confirmed.

modeller:

Erni:

An Error Has Occurred!

Confirmed.

Confirmed even more :wink:

Palliser:

Yes, defenitly....Even the main page was down, with messages about corrupted tables.

Still, entering the information here is :slight_smile: and :smiley: and ]:smiley:

Sort of like: "If you have trouble accessing the internet, check status on our Webpage"
or
"If your mail is not working, please send information to Support@mailsite.com" ....

(edit:Fixed 3 typos)

Thought the world was coming to an end, meteorites crashing , asteroids fly-bys and all of arduino land crashing the world over.
Relieved to know the human race has yet again survived, though I am humbly reminded by how lost we can be without the things we take for granted.

Must have been some difficult and anxious hours for the sever maintainer person or people.
Many thanks,
Paul.

Same. But now there's a lot of ads on the site. Are these ads intentional?

Oops...Sorry, the ads were from a silly extension.

Yea the site was down for me too. But then I re-burned the bootloader on my Nano and then when I checked the site it was OK, so that appeared to fix it. Sorry it took me so long, I had no idea you were all waiting for me to finish. :wink:

Lefty

Sorry it took me so long, I had no idea you were all waiting for me to finish.

Could you let us know, in advance, before you do that again?

retro, I guess you just had to re-burn that boot-loader again hu?
It must suck all the arduino electrons in the world to do it, just everything stops.

Try not to do it again ok ]:smiley:

rockwallaby:
retro, I guess you just had to re-burn that boot-loader again hu?
It must suck all the arduino electrons in the world to do it, just everything stops.

Try not to do it again ok ]:smiley:

Sorry once you burn one bootloader it's hard to stop. And then an hour later I feel the need again. :wink:

Lefty

And we're back again, yipee :smiley:

The problem seems to be more extended than previously expected: an hardware issue on our server produces random spikes and kernel panic which force brutal shutdowns of the system, causing - other than temporary unavailability of our web services - damages on database tables abruptly closed.
We are schedulating a massive migration for tomorrow, that will resolve in a long downtime. More news soon on the Arduino blog.

Say, the site was down again. Lefty, you forgot to burn the bootloader on your nano on time.

Maybe Lefty was burning a Mega this time.

No problems madbob, hope you're not pulling your hair out.
I noticed from the responses that there might have been a sql'ish problem as well.

Appreciate the work you do to keep the gears turning.

Yeah I really appreciate what you have done for us. Thanks.

Hello madbob,
Please, let us know if there is something we can do/help. I understand maintenance meas resources, money. Sometimes a donation pot helps.