Renaming an Arduino midi device....

Hi again,

Thank you for all your replies. Sorry I left out some details. I am using 2 arduinos now going into a USB hub, and that goes into my computer USB port, which is a Mac. No midi cables, or thru devices used at all. The arduinos are on different Midi Channels and everything is working. They show up as Moco for Lufa 1 and Moco for Lufa 2, which is annoying, but I can work with it. In terms of midi in this is not a big deal since the devices are on separate midi channels. For midi out it's annoying because, even though they are on separate channels, I have to send the midi out message to both devices. Part of the problem is I am using Maxmsp and you have to specify the device for midi out. To be sure it works I just send out messages to both devices. FYI I'm sending digital out messages to turn on and off LEDs.

I can see that as I make more devices, which I want to do, this will get more confusing. I just wanted to know if there is anyway to give Arduino midi controllers a unique name. This would be very helpful and if anyone has any insight please let me know.

thanks again for your help.

Nick